The Struggle Is Real

Real Talk

There is a power struggle in this country, but it’s not what you think. It’s not as simple as being between Republicans and Democrats, Right and Left. There is more to it than that.

The struggle that we are facing in this nation stretches all the way to the core of what America is supposed to be versus what she currently is.

First off, let me make a very clear statement. We are NOT a democracy. Our system of government was set up specifically to avoid being that. Democracy is mob rule, where 51% chooses what the other 49% have to do.

Samuel Adams said it best:

“Remember Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes exhausts and murders itself. There never was a Democracy Yet, that did not commit suicide. It is in vain to Say that Democracy is less vain, less proud, less selfish, less ambitious or less avaricious than Aristocracy or Monarchy. It is not true in Fact and no where appears in history. Those Passions are the same in all Men under all forms of Simple Government, and when unchecked, produce the same Effects of Fraud Violence and Cruelty.”

There is also another quote that sums democracy up well. It is often attributed to Benjamin Franklin, but that cannot be confirmed:

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”

What we are, due to the foresight and wisdom of our founding fathers, is a Constitutional Republic. The other, and arguably more important, thing that we are is a nation in which the power is derived from the people, not the government. This is not up for debate or compromise. It is a statement of fact, and it is a fact worth remembering.

We, as a people, need to reassert that control, and remind those in Washington D.C. that they do not hold power over us. Regardless of whether you are on the Right or on the Left, you are not a subject, serf, servant, or slave. We are not controlled Americans. We, the people, control America.

For too long, the political “elite” in Washington have attempted to snatch the reins of power away from the People, and for too long, we have simply stood by and silently watched them do it. The time to put a stop to their greed and incompetence is well past due.

Send me to Washington so that I can wrench that control away from them and give it back to whom it rightfully belongs. I won’t speak softly and carry a big stick. I’ll speak loudly and carry the entire strength of a free people with me.

God bless you all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *